Augmented Reality has quite a big role to play in the food and beverage industry. It’s new generational technology and something that will grow over time in the next decade. Tapping into this potential at the present day can not only open doors for food and beverage brands to newer avenues and increase customer engagement, but also result in high turnover.
With endless recipes and trigger points available in the food and beverage industry, they are ripe for the next-gen AR-marketing techniques. Here, we take a look at some of the AR-marketing trigger points that can catapult the brand exposure and engagement to sky-high.
1. Over 9 out of 10 brands are looking to incorporate AR in their marketing campaigns.
2. The Food and Beverage Industry is placed well to integrate AR-marketing tactics and escalate their brand penetration and customer interaction.
3. Various easy-to-incorporate trigger points to create an engaging interaction with the customer resulting in higher sales.
4. Previous AR-based marketing campaigns in the food and beverage industry have been well-received and appreciated with results of high penetration ratio among customers.
1. Customer Interactive Menu: The menu is the first interaction point between the customer and the restaurant. Not only does it provide information about the food, its types, pricing, but it also represents the overall competency of the restaurant. For instance, a shabby-looking menu with a disorganized palette isn’t something that would represent the restaurant in good colors.
The menu is an underrated marketing activation point and can be the difference between higher sales and average sales. Integrating Augmented reality marketing ideas into the menu can create an interactive experience for the customer. You can create trigger points like QR codes that can showcase visual rendering of the menu items and create an interaction with the consumer. Bareburger is a prime example of a brand that improved its sales number with the use of AR-based marketing tactics.
2. Engaging Coupons and Advertising: Coupons and discount vouchers remain a powerful marketing tool in the Augmented Reality Food And Beverage Industry. Coupons represent a value-oriented deal and people are generally enticed by them. Add to it our inbred thought process to look for value-oriented things, you can sense a great leverage point for marketing. Consumers are used to coupons in print and digital forms previously. However, using AR-based coupons can be a deal-breaker for the industry. You can use webAR integration on websites or create QR codes that can link to AR-based coupons.
The coupons in themselves can create immersive interaction and pique the interest levels in the consumer for the brand. AR-based coupons can also be used to invite new consumers and also build brand loyalty. Look to include coupons as tailgates with beverages or with food packets and dining experiences.
3. AR-triggered billboards (OOH): How many of you remember the Burn that Ad campaign from Burger King. They changed the billboard into an interactive AR engagement where users could burn the billboards and see it engulfed in flames. That gained immense traction and increased the brand following and customer footfall for Burger King in Brazil. A similar theme was followed by Anheuser-Busch InBey who had an out-of-home advertising campaign based on murals that acted as the trigger points and showcased animated virtual 3D vending machines upon the trigger.
4. Place Your Next Order: The entire sales ideology is based on finding the answer to ‘How do you create a brand recall in the mind of people and achieve recurring orders?’. Various marketing techniques and practices have been tried and tested with varying results. How about integrating interactive technology into marketing? This is what the Mar-Tech industry is all about, trying to incorporate technology in marketing in a bid to improve sales.
AR can be a great trigger point for engaging people into buying more and having a recurring order list. For instance, the use of QR-tags or QR-code-based webAR integration imprinted on the labels can allow people to directly go to the order section and virtually order the products in an interactive manner. The same will be processed and delivered right to their very doorstep. Living Product Labels: Various brands and companies are adopting the AR-based living product labels model for marketing.
5. Living product labels: can provide an interactive digital experience for the users whilst also providing them information about the brand. Applied Nutrition, a UK-based health drink manufacturer, had a successful campaign of running an AR-based living product label. The trigger point for the same was a QR-based webAR interaction. Similarly, Treasury Wine Estates had a similar approach where they created a series of animated characteristics who speak when triggered. These are known to generate excitement and business leads for the brands.
6. AR Gifting: The allure of gifting is something that’s wired inside us and various brands have tapped into that for years. The food and beverage industry at times has performed the role of facilitator for gifting between two individuals. This has resulted in higher lead generation and in turn an increase in revenue for the food and beverage brands. Digital gift-giving is already a common practice among people these days. How about integrating AR engagement into it?
AR-based interactive engagement can enrich the experience for the user while also allowing the food and beverage sector to gain traction. For example, a user gifts a restaurant food gift coupon to someone. Such gifts can be designed with an AR interaction where the user upon clicking the gift link can engage in the immersive interaction whilst also getting the gift.
7. Showcase Food Origin: There has been growing concern over the origin of food among consumers in the last few years. The farm-to-table movement has had a major role in the same and users want to know the origin of the food on their table. The food and beverage industry can utilize AR trigger points like tags and QR codes that can enable the user to know about their food origins in an interactive way. You can also make a personalized brand story where your show the complete journey of food from farm to table.
8. AR Restaurant Tours: As a consumer, we care as much about the hygiene and the making of the food as the food on the table. And it’s the right thing. We are entitled to know how our food is made and whether it fits our palette. What better way to showcase the same than AR-based restaurant tours and the behind-the-scenes? As a restaurateur; integrating AR-based restaurant tours and behind the scenes can increase transparency and brand integrity. This will ultimately result in increased brand exposure and an improved digital experience for customers.
Augmented reality is the new technological marvel and plenty of industry verticals have already set their first steps into integrating them in their marketing campaigns. The food and beverage industry in particular has higher interaction points that can be triggered when compared to other verticals. Basis such as integrating AR-backed trigger points for marketing can set your brand apart and catapult you into the customer’s attention levels.
The integration of Augmented Reality applications into shopping has truly redefined the whole experience for customers and retailers alike. It has shown unbelievable results, and an escalating total of AR users across industries and verticals only proves the invaluable potential of this immersive tech....
When it comes to attracting customers, the packaging is one of the biggest game-changers. With the right kind of packaging, you can attract a lot of customers, intrigue them to spend more time on your product and ultimately ensure increased sales. It is an underrated yet one of the important parts of marketing for a brand and can ‘make or break’ your entire campaign....
In today’s time, personalising the customer experience is of paramount importance. With most of the marketing approach centred around metrics like price, product, ROI, sales, the true essence of businesses is all but lost. Businesses survive only when they resolve the pain points of the consumer. You can talk in lengths of stats and analysis, but until and unless you can convey your brand to the targeted consumer, you won’t sustain long....
“Health is Wealth” - We all know this, but somehow we forget it time and again. To ensure a happy, successful and long life, it is essential to take care of one’s health. With the continuous development in technology, it is no surprise that the Health & Wellness Sector is also benefiting from immersive tech and can be one of the most benefited and improved sectors in the coming years....
Augmented Reality has quite a big role to play in the food and beverage industry. It’s new generational technology and something that will grow over time in the next decade. Tapping into this potential at the present day can not only open doors for food and beverage brands to newer avenues and increase customer engagement, but also result in high turnover....
Shopping has always been a therapeutic experience for many. But with the arrival of the pandemic and based on the general shift of the customer’s preferred mode of shopping, the shift from offline to online is quite evident. It has become more online-oriented as compared to yesteryear’s offline mode....
It is evident that augmented reality is the next step in technological advancement. Augmented Reality or AR is not an entirely new concept but the streamlining and the accessibility of the same has become possible only in the last few years....